Paying utility bills was never so convenient ever before. And utilities like electricity, water and gas are so very essential for normal day-to-day working of all individuals. Today, with the facility of online payments virtually there with us all the time, paying for WBSEDCL bill payments or settling bills from any other state electricity board in the country is no big deal. As more and more parts of the country warm up with the growth and reach of internet and smart devices, the entire concept of modern technology is going to affect well the lives of crores of Indians eventually.
Making online WBSEDCL bill payments
- Go onto the website of West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd. that supplies electricity to parts of West Bengal.
- Register yourself as a consumer.
- Use the view bill tab to ensure the bill amount due for the month. You would need to enter your consumer number, the installation number and a Captcha to verify your identity in order to be able to have a look at the complete bill. In case you are a registered consumer, you would be receiving the monthly bill at your registered email id every month – so you can verify the bill amount from your email too.
- Next select the Pay Bill tab – choose the online payment method that is a choice between credit card, debit card, and Netbanking and proceed with the payment.
The alternate method of making online payments is to use the website or App of a trusted reseller or payment aggregator. Some of the very popular ones that offer multiple service payment facility in the country today are – Paytm, MobiKwik and PhonePe. In order to pay for you WBSEDCL bill online using these aggregator site or App, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Register yourself with one or more aggregators.
- Download the App on your mobile if you wish to use the App. In case you are comfortable using the website; you simply need to open it every time that you have to pay for the bills.
- From the dashboard on the site or App choose the Electricity option.
- First choose the WBSEDCL from the Boards’ option.
- Then enter your consumer ID.
- Enter the bill amount.
- Choose a payment method from the available options of credit card, debit card, Netbanking, UPI or digital wallet.
- Finally before going forward with the online payment, remember to select a relevant promocode in order to get a discount or a cash-back
Within minutes the payment is processed at the backend and you will receive a confirmation SMS on your mobile. Alongside an email confirmation is also sent to your email id.
Safe and fast, this method of online bill payment of WBSEDCL does not have any cumbersome process involved. This can be conveniently done from an indoor place that has a strong and private internet connection. No more queuing up in the hot sun before the payment counters of the state electricity boards any longer.